Buffalo law firm focusing on all aspects of commercial law
- Represented management in a leveraged acquisition of the assets of a national brand dinnerware manufacturer, and related financing matters.
- Represented sales and distribution company regarding $2.2 million revolving line of credit and term credit facility.
- Represented local manufacturer in the $4.5 million acquisition of assets from the Canadian division of a major manufacturer, and handled related financing.
- Represented owner of international candy manufacturing companies in sale of business to Swiss purchaser.
- Represented numerous parties in litigation involving ownership and/or governance disputes regarding closely held corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
- Represented Buffalo family business in shareholder agreement litigation.
- Recovered substantial six-figure settlement amounts for non-voting shareholders in a stock appraisal case brought under § 623 of the Business Corporation Law.
- Defended and prosecuted cases involving non-solicitation and non-competition covenants.
- Represented creditors in litigation and bankruptcy court, including automatic stay litigation, preference litigation and claims litigation.
- Represented patent licensee in litigation concern sale of major intellectual property license.
- Formed and organized numerous business corporations and prepared shareholder agreements.
- Litigated judicial dissolution cases brought under §§ 1104 and 1104-a of the Business Corporation Law.
The following cases and decisions are samples of cases previously litigated. Please note that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.