Joseph E. Zdarsky
Joseph E. Zdarsky is a founding partner of the firm. His career has spanned more than four decades, during which time he has handled a wide variety of business litigation, including contract, fraud, breach fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, anti-trust, professional malpractice and corporate/partnership governance cases. Links to reported decisions are furnished below.
Mr. Zdarsky was born in Buffalo, N.Y., in 1945. He was admitted to the Bar of New York in 1972; the United States District Court, Western District of New York in 1974; the United States District Court, Northern District of New York in 1979; the United States District Court, Eastern District of New York in 2006; the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in 1981, and the United States Supreme Court in 1988. He was a member of the Board of Editors, Buffalo Law Review from 1971-72, and is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the Litigation Counsel of America.
He has also been recognized in Super Lawyers® for Business Litigation, in 2007-2017 (Upstate New York and Corporate Counsel Editions), and Top 50 Upstate New York Super Lawyers® in 2010 and 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Email Address: email@example.com
The firm has a Peer Review Rating of AV Pre-eminent™ for our ability and ethics, which is the highest rating offered at Martindale Hubbell®. Mr. Zdarsky’s Martindale Hubbell® listing
- University at Buffalo
- University at Buffalo
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Erie County Bar Association
- Hemophilia Center of Western New York
- Litigation Counsel of America
- New York State Bar Association
- Sisters Hospital Foundation
The following cases and decisions are samples of cases previously litigated. Please note that prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Deloitte & Touche LLP v. Chiampou
- Department of Taxation and Finance of New York v. Milhem Attea & Bros., Inc. et al
- Poodry v. Tonawanda Band of Seneca Indians et al
- Lazar v. Robinson Knife Manufacturing Co., Inc.; Lazar v. Greenburger, et al
- Seneca v. Seneca
- Pelc v. Berg
- State of New York Workers’ Compensation Board v. The Hamilton Wharton Group, Inc. et al
- Inter-Community Memorial Hospital of Newfane, Inc. et al v. The Hamilton Wharton Group, Inc. et al
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company v. Altshuler Shaham Provident Funds Ltd.
- Estate of Dolloff, Surrogate’s Court, Erie County
- Piggly Wiggly Carolina Co., Inc. v. Dennis Frank Sr. and Synergy Energy Holdings LLC, Supreme Court Erie County.
- John W. Buyers, Jr., et al v. The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York et al
- Advanced Safety Systems N.Y., Inc. v. Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company
- Envirogas Inc. v. Walker Energy Partners
- People of the State of New York v. Anderson; Tuscarora Warriors Bingo Commission v. Clause, et al